Seth Godin: Super U Podcast
Seth Godin: Super U Podcast
Our new episode of the Super U Podcast is live! The Super U Podcast delivers curated tips from top performers and thought leaders to help unlock and unleash your inner superpower. This week’s episode features Seth Godin. Seth is an American author and motivational speaker. The top three things I love about Seth Godin: 1) he enjoys helping others; 2) he’s all about shipping things; it’s all about output, not thruput; and 3) he knows it’s important to stand out in this noisy and crowded world.
Seth shares his 7 super tips and you can also listen to the Super U Podcast by clicking here. Need a sneak peek? Below are the main takeaways from the Super U Podcast: Seth Godin Episode.
1. Pick Yourself. Gatekeepers have lost their power. You no longer need someone to select your work out of a batch of many; you can pick self-promote your own work. Communication is easy nowadays. Give your work to 10 people and if it’s good, then they’ll tell others. If the first 10 people don’t do anything, then it’s either not good work or it’s the wrong 10 people. If you don’t have time to do it right, then you won’t have time to do it over.
2. Take Responsibility. Two pieces of advice: 1) ignore advice and 2) you’ve been lied to for a while. School is a scam because they teach students to be compliant, to only absorb information that is found on tests, and to do the minimum amount. Responsibility is never given; it’s taken. Authority is rare. Once you choose to take responsibility, no one can get in your way.
3. Embrace the Difference Makers. Someone is always going to have more robots or have cheaper products/services than you. What you have is people. Do you surround yourself with compliant people or do you have caring, passionate, connected people? Do they act like they own the place and make a difference to customers? That’s more important than someone who is compliant. That’s where success lies. Embrace those linchpins.
4. Share Your Story. We tell stories for a living. Why? It resonates and matches how we want to perceive the world. So, stop telling others statistical facts on why your business is better. Tell a story on why you should be picked or why others should care.
5. Be a Linchpin. We’re all going in the same direction and we all have a choice. You can either be 1) replaceable, 2) founder of a business, or 3) the linchpin; the one we can’t live without. The linchpin is where most of us want to be because no company can exist without them.
6. Use Your Fears as a Compass. Resistance is a made-up disease. Resistance is the voice in the back of our heads that pushes us to hesitate. However, when that alarm goes off, it means you’re going in the right direction. If we use it as a compass, it’ll point us in the direction we ought to be going.
7. Take Responsibility & Give Away Credit. We can fix how we react to what’s happening in front of us. You can’t be angry and curious at the same time. So, are you going to be curious to how that person reached that point or are you going to pick to be angry at the situation? The world responds well to those that take responsibility and give away credit; you’ll be respected for this act.
To ensure you don’t miss future guests and tips, subscribe to our podcast by clicking here >> Super U Podcast. We hope these tips help unleash your inner superpower! Want more? Head over to our YouTube channel and watch the live version Seth Godin | 7 Super Tips by clicking to YouTube here.