This is for all those educators that are teaching students about social media, digital citizenship and empowering students to be digital leaders. This post is jam packed with resources and stats, as well as a link to your free copy of our Socialnomics Learning Lab.
To start things off here are a few WOW stats about the state of digital and tech in education.
- The online learning enrollment growth rate is 14x the growth rate of overall higher education enrollment. (http://www.knewton.com/digital-education/)
- There are over 20,000 education specific apps now available. (http://edtechreview.in/news/792-the-digital-classroom-infographic)
- This academic year it is projected that 81% of post-secondary students will take some or all of their classes online. (http://www.knewton.com/digital-education/)
- 96% of students with internet access are using social networking sites (http://gettingsmart.com/2014/01/ways-implement-safe-social-media-schools/)
- 96% of teachers believe that using technology in a classroom increases student engagement. (http://www.weareteachers.com/hot-topics/topics-in-education/the-digital-classroom-2013)
- How to Create a Class Podcast in 5 Easy Steps http://buff.ly/1gqOR3a
- The Innovative Educator: How to showcase #TeacherEffectiveness using digital portfolios http://buff.ly/1gqQtKk
- A Simple Way To Introduce Your Students To Coding http://buff.ly/1m8EW7S
- Ways to Implement Safe Social Media for Schools http://buff.ly/1gqSDcG
- How To Create Dynamic Learning Environments Using Gamification – Edudemichttp://buff.ly/1m8GuyK
If you are interested in using Socialnomics, Digital Leader or What Happens in Vegas Stays on YouTube as a common reader for your incoming class, your students, or for faculty/staff, please contact us [email protected] discuss our bulk ordering options! Also, if you are using any of Erik’s books currently in your class and are interested in him Skyping in to the class, email us [email protected] set up a Skype chat!